Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Rats! Starshine Doll has silver eye.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member JustMagicMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I just received the Singing Dove Starshine Doll I won on eBay. She is a Gotz doll with an AG body type who is Cheyenne Indian and comes in a beautiful, hand-made and beaded, real lambskin dress. (She's a twin to one I already own who is one of my absolute favorite dolls.) AND SHE HAS SILVER EYE! This was not disclosed in the auction (she was described as being in "great condition"). GRRRRRR! I'm waiting to hear back from the seller. GRRR, GRRRR! Why did I get her if I already have her? Good question! She was such a great price ($66 after shipping when she reatiled for $300+) that I thought I someone else on Hostboard might want her. GRRRRRR!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    oh no! She is so beautiful that's so sad that she has silver eye! [img]frown.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What does she look like?

  4. #4
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    I'm sorry your doll has silver eye! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

    But what is silver eye? Sorry, It's my second day!

    By the way I too know what it's like to get ripped off by an ebay seller- MORE THAN ONCE! And it's not fun!
    [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img] [img]mad.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JustMagicMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here's a link to a picture of her (she's the one standing in the white leather dress):

    Singing Dove

    This is my doll, not the new one with silvery eye. Sigh.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member JustMagicMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board! Silver eye is where the decal on the back of the eye starts to peel away, leaving the eye looking silver color. It's a known problem with Gotz dolls (like older AG dolls) and AG will fix it for free, but since this is a Gotz doll...

  7. #7
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm heartbroken for you. I really fell in love with her and she has such gorgeous hair. I don't know what to tell you to do since she's an older Gotz.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Cake Cottage's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I need a password to see your picture for some reason. [img]frown.gif[/img] (...maybe it's just this computer I am on)

    Maybe the doll didn't have silver eye with the seller wrapped her, but got it after? I've read on these boards where people didn't see any silver eye one day, but the next it was there. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] (I hope that was the case and the seller didnt just cheat you on purpose) [img]frown.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    MissCurlyCat
    Guest MissCurlyCat's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by JustMagicMaria:
    Welcome to the board! Silver eye is where the decal on the back of the eye starts to peel away, leaving the eye looking silver color. It's a known problem with Gotz dolls (like older AG dolls) and AG will fix it for free, but since this is a Gotz doll...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thankss for telling me! But you could just tell people she has gray eyes naturally!

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 16, 2006 06:08 PM: Message edited by: MissCurlyCat ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Cake Cottage's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by MissCurlyCat:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JustMagicMaria:
    Welcome to the board! Silver eye is where the decal on the back of the eye starts to peel away, leaving the eye looking silver color. It's a known problem with Gotz dolls (like older AG dolls) and AG will fix it for free, but since this is a Gotz doll...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That?s for telling me! But you could just tell people she has gray eyes naturally!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It doesn't change the whole eye color though, it dots all around the rim like a strange robotic eye. It's very un-sightly. [img]frown.gif[/img] [img]frown.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •